Below is a list of essential household items that we think are a great starting point for you and your new babe.
Some of them are optional, but we have found them to be essential in our household.
Remember you can also buy second hand for some items if you are comfortable doing so and if you are on a budget. We are always keeping our eye open on Facebook Market Place.
(Be mindful buying some items second hand eg. car seat. You want to ensure your child’s safety comes first).
- Bottles (different size teats)
- Bottle warmer (you can use boiling water but the bottle warmers are so much faster than the kettle)
- Steriliser (again, you can use boiling water but the steriliser is so much faster)
- Baby spoon x2 (for when bubs starts eating)
- Freezer food storage (I found the Heinz baby apple storage containers the best as they come with a lid and are easy to pop out when frozen)
- High chair
- Formula (if you are not breastfeeding)
- Sheets x 2
- Change table (or just a change mat on top of drawers if rooms is smaller)
- Nappy bin
- Nappy rash cream
- Dummies (recommend getting one for the car, nappy bag and bed)
- Baby monitor
- Rocking chair (if money is not tight, I recommend getting a good one as you will live in this whilst feeding)
- Sleeping bag x 2 (make sure you check the togs and get the right one for the right season)
- Baby towel
- Face washers
- Gentle baby body wash (we like the Arbonne ABC body wash)
- Car seat
- Car window shade
- Baby carrier
- Face washers (use for sick cloths)
- Bibs (need loads of these when they start eating and teething…lots of dribble)
- Muslin wraps
- Under arm thermometer
- Play mat
- Breast pump
- Breast pads
- Maternity pads
- Ice (for breasts and downstairs in those first few weeks of recovery)
- Maternity bra (I loved the bonds maternity tops. They made feeding so much easier so your belly didn’t hang out whilst feeding in public and lifting your top. You will know what I mean when you wear one).
- Breast feeding support pillow
- Nipple shields (if you require them)
- Nipple cream
If you have any questions about the above items or what specific brands we like to use please get in contact.